Monday, March 11, 2013

Special delivery!

I like to crock things for friends who have newborns. USUALLY, it's a mac and cheese of some sort, but this time, the crock was going to a my anti-milk friends (Hi Karina, "Steve", and Elyse!). They asked for something beefy and not spicy and number 28 fit the bill. (Thanks Theresa!)

"Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches" (6 quart pot)

~1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
~1 c ketchup
~1/2 c packed brown sugar
~1/2 c lemon juice
~3 T steak sauce
~2 garlic cloves, minced
~1 t pepper
~1 t Worcestershire sauce
~3.5 oz beef eye round roast, cut in half
~1 t salt
~buns*

In a small bowl, whisk the first 8 ingredients.
Pour half of the mixture into crock pot.
Sprinkle beef with salt; add to crock pot and top with remaining broth mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 12 hours or until meat is tender.
Shred meat with 2 forks and return to crock pot.
Place 1/2 c mixture on each bun.*

*I didn't buy buns because I didn't know when they planned to eat the beef and I didn't want them to go bad/get stale.

16 servings. (Supposedly.)
I tasted a forkful as I was shredding it and it was yummy. It was more tomatoey than I was expecting, but it's bbq sauce, so you can't really go wrong with it. Right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment