Friday, November 22, 2019

Do what you love.

I've been toying with the idea of resurrecting Born To Crock and going back to oversharing the food I/we consume. SO much has changed since I first started sharing my crocks that I don't know where to start. I mean...over the past 5 years I've/we've been dealing withs so many "fun" health issues that have changed our family's eating habits. Both kids are SUPER picky and rarely eat what I crock, but that's not going to stop me from doing what I love! Right? Right.

Speaking of love... Last week, hubs was craving something buffalo chicken-y. Old me would've whipped up some of my infamous Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese. Buuuuut since new me can't really have more than a tablespoon of it at a time, I whipped up this instead.

"Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili" (6 quart pot)

2T olive oil
16oz ground chicken
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c carrots, chopped
1/2 c celery, chopped
1/2 T chili powder
1/2 T cumin
1/2 T paprika
dash salt
dash pepper
1 3/4 c white beans, drained and rinsed
1 3/4 c refried beans
1/2 c garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c water
3/4 c chicken broth
6 T Frank's red hot sauce

5 servings

Heat oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-hight heat. Brown chicken in the skillet and cook, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks, about 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.

Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook stirring the veggies often, about 5 minutes. Add beans, water, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, on medium low for about 10 minutes.

Stir in the hot sauce and add chicken. Cover and simmer until thickened, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until flavors blend.

Verdict. I've never met anything buffalo thing I haven't liked, so you KNOW I loved this. AND since it's a chili, it's even yummier on the second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment