Sunday, September 27, 2020

I'm Souper. Thanks for asking.

It's officially fall here in Maryland, so it's soup season. That's what the cool kids say, yes? I found this recipe on the meal planning app that I've been using for several months and decided to change a couple of things and give it a go. Because it's low carb and well...because why not.



Slow Cooker Spinach Tomato Vegetable Soup (6 quart pot)

~10 oz baby spinach
~2 medium carrots, chopped
~2 celery stalks, chopped
~1/2 white onion, chopped
~1 garlic clove, chopped
~4 c low sodium veggie broth
~1 tomato, chopped
~2 bay leaves, whole
~1 T fresh basil, chopped
~1 t dried oregano
~.5 t crushed red pepper flakes

Place all ingredients in slow cooker.

          Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.

          Remove bay leaves, stir, and serve 


Yum. And so easy, a caveman could do it. I mean...if slow cookers existed back then, I guess. ðŸ˜‚
 

No comments:

Post a Comment