Thursday, April 3, 2014

Doubly so.

I like meatloaf. I like crocking meatloaf. I should probably do it more often. Yes? Yes.

"Clean Out The Fridge Turkey Loaf" (6 quart pot)

~1 1/2 lbs 80/20 ground turkey (I usually use 99%, but this was on clearance and so cheap I HAD to buy it.
~1 egg
~1/2 c dried minced onion
~1/2 c grated parmesan cheese (all that was left in ours...that expired in 2012. Yikes.)
~1/2 c pizza sauce (all that was left in an open one we had that said it should've been used within 5 days, but probably at least 2 weeks old. Double yikes.)

Create 2 long handles of aluminum foil and place in crock pot. (Because this is I think all crocked meatloaves should be done.)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Form loaf.
Place in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Drizzle with ketchup. (Optional, but thats how I like it.)

I served this with sautéed asparagus.

6 servings.
Mmm. Can you really go wrong with a meatloaf? I don't know about you all, but meatloaf was a staple of my childhood. My dad almost never ate anything my mom cooked, but he did eat her meatloaf. I am definitely crocking more meatloaves. ESPECIALLY because my little helper had 2 servings. 2!! Looks like it'll be a staple of his childhood, too. I'm kind of okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment