Monday, May 26, 2014

A dessert to remember.

Some friends of ours (Hi Tim and Samantha!) invited us over to their house for a Memorial Day feast. When asked what I could bring, a dessert was requested. So...I did what any normal crocker would do. I Googled "Memorial Day Crock Pot Dessert Recipes" and found this little gem. We even somehow had all of the ingredients in the house already. Bonus!

"Mixed Berry Pudding Cake" (6 quart pot) The original recipe is HERE.

~1 1/2 c fresh blueberries
~1 1/2 c fresh red raspberries
~1/2 c fresh cranberries
~1 c flour
~2/3 c sugar
~1 1/2 t baking powder
~1/2 t cinnamon
~1/4 t salt
~2 T butter, melted
~1 t vanilla extract
~3/4 c boiling water
~1/3 c sugar
~cool whip or vanilla ice cream

Spray crock pot with PAM.
Combine all berries in crock pot and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, 2/3 c sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla until just combined. (I sorta kinda almost forgot to do this step. I had to improvise...slightly.)
Spoon and carefully spread mixture over berries.
In a small bowl, combine boiling water and 1/3 c sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
Pour mixture evenly over mixture in the crock pot.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Turn off crock pot and let cool for an hour. (I forgot to uncover it like the original recipe said.)
Serve with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.

8 servings.
Oh. My. Goodness. Amazing. (Even with my mini hiccups/adjustments.) It's awesome that the kiddos were too scared to try this because it meant that all 4 of the adults could have a second serving. Oh, and I *might've* licked the crock pot clean. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment