Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's cooking...

Yeah, so...I've obviously totally dropped the ball on this whole blogging thing. I dropped it a long time ago, BUT I have a very good reason/excuse for the last few months. Oh, pregnancy, how I've missed you so! Ha! Between the complete exhaustion during the first trimester to the food aversions that happen randomly AFTER I've been crocking something all day? Blogging about what we (or perhaps only my other half) had for dinner just ain't happenin'. Most of the crocks I've some in the last month+ have been easy redos like my buffalo chicken mac and cheese, butter chicken, bbq pork or chicken. Easy things. Things I can just throw into the pot without using any braincells or energy. Luckily, I'm now in the second trimester, so I should (theoretically) be blogging slightly more regularly now. Here's what I crocked today...

"Clean Out The Fridge Roast" (6 quart pot)

~3 lbs boneless chuck roast
~12 oz mild salsa (Leftover from a party we had.)
~1 c chopped mushrooms (from the CSA.)

Place roast in crock pot.
Dump mushrooms on top.
Pour salsa on top.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

I served this with sautéed squash and smashed potatoes. (Both from the CSA.)

6 servings.
This was so easy and so good. All of it. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment