Monday, July 14, 2014

How sweet it is.

This recipe has been on my "Must Crock Someday" list for pretty much ever. I finally crocked it the other day...because I realized I had all of the ingredients in the house. 

"Brown Sugar Chicken" (6 quart pot) The original recipe is HERE.

~3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
~1 c brown sugar
~1/4 c Sprite (Leftover from our party.)
~2/3 c vinegar
~3 garlic cloves, smashed (From the CSA.)
~2 T soy sauce
~1 t black pepper

Place chicken in crock pot.
Cover with brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper.
Add the vinegar.
Add the soda.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

I served this over a caesar salad. Because we had some.

4 servings.
I knew this was going to be good as soon as I could smell it crocking. It tasted even better. Go make it. Now. I should've doubled tripled it. Nomnomnom.


No comments:

Post a Comment