Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I like it, I love it.

I love meatloaf for lots of different reasons. Here are 3: It reminds me of my childhood. You can pretty much put anything in it and it'll be delicious. My new spawn seems to want me to eat beef.

"Meatloaf" (6 quart pot.)

~1 lb ground beef
~1/3 c medium chunky salsa (Leftover from our party.)
~1/3 c ketchup
~1 egg
~3/4 c panko breadcrumbs
~aluminum foil
~ketchup

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Form loaf.
Form 2 aluminum foil handles.
Place meatloaf on top of handles in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
Cut and serve.
Top with ketchup.

I served this with homemade mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. (Both from the CSA.)

6 servings.
You can't go wrong with meatloaf. Even my little helper ate it. ALL of it. And that (still) never happens. I foresee lots of crocked meatloaves in the next, oh...5 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment