Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I'm baaaaack!

It's been more than 3 years since by last post. 3. years. I'm still crocking...I just haven't been blogging about it. My crock pot does NOT hide in the summer. In fact, it's been on the kitchen counter since you all helped me win it during (now defunct) DinnerTool's recipe contest!

So...what have I been up to since August 14th, 2014? So many things. The "new" mini-me will be 3 in December. I did have gestational diabetes and weird food aversions and it's absolutely crazy to realize that this is my first blog post during her time on the outside! The original little helper is now 7 and doesn't like crocked chicken. Or pork. Or beef. Or anything, really. *sigh* This pickiness is just a phase, right? RIGHT?

ALSO, in newer news...after living in this house for just shy of 5 years, we are FINALLY remodeling our kitchen. From top to bottom. Every. Single. Thing. is being replaced.

Construction starts on Monday. THIS Monday. And I may or may not be stressing out about it.

SO...I thought you all might like to see what it's like for us to live without a kitchen. I will be relying HEAVILY on my trusty crock pot to get us though the next 4-6 weeks and I have absolutely no idea what I'll be crocking. I'm taking suggestions!

ANNND  I thought you all might like the recipe for what I crocked today. I was going though or fridge and freezer trying to cook things that I won't be able to do come Monday and I came up with this. It might sound/look a *little* familiar. But not exactly.


"Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Mac & Cheese" (6 quart pot)

~1 lb shredded chicken
~1 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
~Yancey's Fancy Bacon Bacon Cheese Sampler  = 1/4 lb bacon cheddar, 1/4 lb bacon ranch cheddar, 1/4 lb jalapeƱo with bacon, and 1/4 lb smoked gouda with bacon
~1 1/2 c uncooked elbow pasta
~2 c milk
~2 T butter, melted
~1 C Italian breadcrumbs

Spray crock pot with Pam
Add pasta, milk, and cheese and mix well
Brown chicken
Add hot sauce and mix well
Add chicken to crock pot and mix everything well
Mix butter and breadcumbs and mix well
Spoon mixture on top of crock pot mixture
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours

Delicious.

Are you surprised? I made Kraft mac and cheese for the kids because we had some and we're about to lose our ability to boil water, so...yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment