Thursday, August 14, 2014

Still got it.

It is looking more and more likely that I'm going to be diagnosed with gestational diabetes within the week, so I decided I'd crock something that I'm *probably* not going to be able to eat soon.

"Clean Out The Kitchen Mexican Beefy Cornbread Casserole" (6 quart pot)

~1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
~3/4 c ketchup (This is a guess. I actually don't know how much I used. I emptied our open bottle and squirted a bit from a new one.)
~2 T dijon mustard
~2 T steak sauce (Again, a guess. We are now out of steak sauce.)
~2 t Worcestershire sauce (Ditto. Adios Worcestershire sauce.)
~1 green pepper, chopped (From the CSA.)
~1/2 c frozen corn

Topping:
~1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
~1/3 c milk
~2 t butter, melted
~1 egg

Mix the first 7 ingredients in crock pot.
Mix the last 4 ingredients in a bowl.
Pour mixture over beefy mixture.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

6 servings.
Mmm. This was delicious. I kinda wish I'd been paying more attention to the quantities. Still, I think I'll pat myself on the back for this one. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment