Friday, July 25, 2014

An unexpected perk of living down the street from Baltimore.

Sauerbraten is good. REALLY good. I've made it twice. HERE and HERE. Every. Single. Time. I'd go to the grocery store that "doesn't have anything, but is the closest one to our house", I'd see bottles of sauerbraten mix and wonder if it was any good. Welp, wonder no more.

"Easy Sauerbraten...as long as you're currently living near Baltimore, MD." (6 quart pot)

~2 lbs beef cubes
~1 bottle of Mrs. Minnicks Sauerbraten Mix (It's a local thing. AND it has stove top instructions on the bottle, but I converted it all by myself.)
~7 ginger snap cookies, crushed
~egg noodle dumplings, cooked

Dump beef in crock pot.
Pour in sauerbraten mix.
Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Add crushed cookies and mix well.
Cook for a few minutes. (I cooked it for as long as it took the noodles to cook.)

I served this with baked squash. (From the CSA.)

6 servings.
So tender. So good. So easy. My other half said that it's "frickin' delicious". I'm definitely going to add this to my rotation. (You know, if I had one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment