Saturday, February 22, 2014

Come together.

I crocked this yesterday. At least, I think it was yesterday. All of my days are starting to blend together for some reason. This was another one of my infamous throw random things in a crock pot and see what happens kid of things.

"Italian Sausage Chili" (6 quart pot.)

~1 lb hot Italian sausage, browned and drained
~1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
~1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
~1 c frozen corn
~1/4 t pepper
~1/2 t chipotle chili powder
~1/2 t cumin

Add all ingredients to crock pot.
Stir to mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

4 servings.
This was really good. REALLY good. Nice flavor Perfectly spicy. Mmm...I'm kind of wishing I'd doubled it. I LOVE when a plan comes together. 3 years into this crocking adventure and I'm still surprised when I don't follow a recipe and the crock tastes amazing. That's normal, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment