Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's chili out.

It's been awhile since I've crocked a good chili. Heck, it's been awhile since I crocked ANY chili. I was going to make a meatloaf, but I accidentally didn't leave enough time for the turkey to defrost. So...I crocked a chili.

"Long Time No Chili" (6 quart pot)

~1 lb ground turkey, browned
~1 c frozen corn
~1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
~1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
~1 green bell pepper, chopped
~2 carrots, chopped
~1 T dried minced onion
~2 t chili powder
~1 t ground cumin
~1 t salt
~1/2 t pepper
~1/2 t garlic powder

Add all ingredients to crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

6 servings.
I crocked a chili. A VERY good chili. Flavorful. Just enough spice. I guess I've learned a thing or two in the last 3 years, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment